The more you become aware of your dreams, the more animals and insects will start appearing in them. If you’re like me, they stand out clearly, and are there for a reason, but figuring out their purpose or message is not always clear, so I developed the following process to help you understand them or invite them into your dreams:
1. First and foremost, take the emotion out of it. If you’re scared by an insect or animal in your dream, the fear is most likely your human response to it, and remember, it is there to help your soul, so put your human reaction to it aside.
2. Learn about the animal or insect. In other words do some research and find out what characteristics it has. For example, a wolf is a loyal pack animal, an amazing tracker, and has fierce survival skills. Bees are master architects, and loyal to their hive. Tigers are strong and cautious, with acute senses and sharp eyesight. They are determined and persistent creatures, making them strong leaders, and fearless. Hawks fly over the world, using laser focus to assess a situation and make quick decisions.
3. Remind yourself that a power beyond our physical world is trying to help us to master our lives by feeding our souls, and helping us to achieve our spiritual purpose in life. This power delivers messages through people, animals, insects in the physical world, and through the images and events that play out in our dreams.
4. With all that in mind, think about your dream, and what the energy or characteristics of this animal or insect could be doing to help you. For example, I was fighting a man in a dream, and I finally got away from him, and as I looked back I saw the face of a huge bright tiger, and realized the powerful strength of a tiger had joined me, and was helping fight off negative situations, and win. I continue to imagine the tiger face when I come across scary situations in my life, and it helps me to be calm and believe in my ability to handle them.
Another time I dreamed (and actually had the sensation as I woke up) that I was covered with bees, and trying to brush them off, but they kept coming back. I realized the healing power of bees was rebuilding me emotionally after I had been grieving a loss in my life.
5. Finally honor the visit from the creature in your dream in some way. You can draw a picture of them in a dream journal, buy a statue of them, put up a picture, or make one as a craft project. Whatever way you decide to do this, it will to help you to absorb the positive characteristics of the animal or insect, and become a stronger, happier person as your soul grows, heals, and fulfills the purpose of your life.
Honoring the animal also builds a relationship between you and the spirit world, strengthening the channel, making it easier to receive messages, energy, strength and direction as your awareness grows, your fears subside, and you are able to take action in your life with the confidence and instinct of these amazing animals that are coming forward to help you. Gradually you’ll become aware of how joyful your life has become, how situations that used to be challenging now pass by quickly and easily.
If you’re not seeing animals or insects in your dreams, or have few dreams in general, doing things like practicing yoga, having a Reiki healing session, meditating, or spending time in nature work to open your sensory awareness. Being creative in any form is also an effective way to disengage from your everyday life, allowing the space for messages and energy from the spirit world to reach you. In other words, trust in letting go of controlling things in your life, open yourself to the wave lengths of the natural world, and watch the magic begin. ROAR!